What are the benefits or advantages in using Safety Nets as fall arrest system when working at heights?
Importantly, safety nets utilise energy absorption as the fundamental principle governing their design and performance. In the majority of situations, safety nets have distinct advantages over otherforms of fall arrest. Australian standards regard nets as their "preferred method of fall arrest when working at height"
How do safety nets meet these best-practice safety controls?
- Safety nets provide protection from fall hazards
- Safety nets separate people from the hazard
- Safety nets are an engineered control
- Safety nets change work practices
- Safety nets reduce the total reliance on fall restraint PPE
See our Fulfilling Requirements page for details on how you can meet the legislative requirements with our system.
Fall hazards inside a building
There are also fall hazards on the inside of the building during construction work. Measures must be taken for:
- Potential falls between roof trusses
- Construction of high strutting formwork
- Large voids and penetrations
- Between roof purlins, steel construction and bondeck formwork
- Through brittle roofs, skylights and any roof floor openings
- Safety nets can fill these gaps